Please see below for answers to commonly asked questions or queries you may have for your visit to Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool.
If these FAQ's do not answer your question, please feel free to contact us.
- Q. Am I able to photograph or film the exterior of ACC Liverpool?
ACC Liverpool, home to the BT Convention Centre and Echo Arena, welcomes members of the public taking photographs of the building and surrounding areas and are pleased that so many already enjoy doing so on a daily basis.
It is not the policy of ACC Liverpool to stop the general public from taking photographs on our site.
That said, we have been advised by the relevant authorities that given the sensitive nature of a number of the events held at ACC Liverpool, vigilance with regards to activity and interest in and around the building should be at the highest level.
We will therefore always need to reserve the right to challenge visitors to the site to ascertain the nature of any activity, in order to protect the safety of the general public and visitors to our venues. As a result, members of the public on ACC Liverpool land may be approached by our security staff.
We trust that this will allow members of the public to continue to enjoy their visits to ACC Liverpool, and in particular for amateur photographers to enjoy our unique building and surroundings unimpeded.
- Q. Are any seats suitable for disabled customers?
We have dedicated bays in the arena for disabled customers, with seating for carers and disabled patrons. See a seating plan for the arena here. These provide excellent views of the stage - call the box office for more information on 0844 8000 400. The seating in the BT Convention Centre is fully accessible. For any other questions regarding accessibility at ACC Liverpool, please call our general information line on 0151 475 8888.
- Q. Are pushchairs allowed into the arena?
On arrival to the arena, pushchairs can be left at the confiscation desk on either the cityside or riverside of the concourse level, where you will be given a numbered ticket in order that you can collect your item at the end of the show.
- Q. Is there somewhere to park my bicycle?
- Bike stands are located on the riverside at ground level in the centre of the building, as well as in our multi-storey car park. These bays are for push-bikes only, and not motorcycles.
- Q. Are dogs allowed in the venue?
No pets will be allowed inside ACC Liverpool, except for guide dogs and hearing dogs.
- Q. Are there public toilets in the Galleria?
There are public toilets, and disabled toilets, located in the Lower Galleria.
- Q. Can I buy alcohol on site?
There will be alcohol available for sale to anyone over the age of 18. I.D may be required.
- Q. Can I bring a camera or other recording device into the venue?
To avoid disappointment on the night, if you are planning to attend an Echo Arena Liverpool concert and would like to bring a camera with you, we would advise you contact the Echo Arena Liverpool box office first to ascertain what the camera policy will be for that show. In most instances the promoter will allow small fixed lens cameras set in still image mode.
Professional-type cameras (cameras with a detachable zoom lens and/or tripod) will not be permitted into Echo Arena Liverpool, with the exception of officially accredited photographers covering the event.
Echo Arena Liverpool does not permit streaming, video or audio recording equipment at any time.
- Q. Can I bring banners/posters/flags (BPF) into an event?
Echo Arena Liverpool discourages people from bringing BPFs to events we host. We may on occasion permit A4 sized posters providing they do not contain any offensive content (as deemed by Echo Arena Liverpool), but we will reserve the right to confiscate these should we, or fellow audience members, find them disruptive to the enjoyment of the event.
BPFs with poles or strengthening enhancements will be confiscated for health and safety reasons. If you are unsure whether your banner or flag will be acceptable, please do not bring it to the venue.
Please note, Echo Arena Liverpool can take no responsibility for any loss or damage to property of this nature brought onsite, and strongly recommends you make yourself familiar with the Ticket Conditions of Sale as shown on the reverse of all tickets before attending any ACC Liverpool hosted event.
- Q. Can I take food or drinks into the arena?
No food or drink items are to be taken into the venue. Only food and drink items purchased on the premises are to be consumed in the Venue.
- Q: Can I pay by card in the public catering outlets?
- Only cash transactions can be carried out at our catering outlets, and no cards can be accepted.
- Q. Can I smoke at events in the ECHO Arena?
- From 1st July 2007, smoking has been banned in all enclosed public spaces. Anyone found smoking anywhere within the venue will be requested to leave without refund.
- Q. Can I use electronic cigarettes at Echo Arena Liverpool?
The use of electronic cigarettes is strictly prohibited.
- Q. Can I use the venue wireless internet?
Absolutely, details can be obtained from the Business Centre - telephone 0151 239 6001.
- Q. Can I wear 'fancy dress' or costumes into shows at Echo Arena Liverpool?
- A. Echo Arena Liverpool holds the health and safety of its customers very seriously. With this in mind, Echo Arena staff reserve the right to refuse entry to customers whose attire may impact upon the enjoyment of the show or safety of audience members. Please also note that masks of any description are strictly prohibited from the venue unless express written consent is provided by ACC Liverpool.
- Q. Can you provide any information on local restaurants?
For further information about local restaurants and bars around Liverpool please visit www.visitliverpool.com.
- Q. Do you have a newsletter I can sign up to?
Please fill in your details to join our mailing list - click here to sign up.
- Q. Do you have a visitor feedback form?
If you have a comment/question/feedback please feel free to contact us by using this form.
Please note, if a customer experiences any problems with their seating or enjoyment prior to or during the Event the customer must inform senior venue staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the Event.
- Q. Do you have any recommended hotels?
- We have two hotels on site, The Jury's Inn and Staybridge Suites, which both offer high qualities of accommodation. Alternative hotels around Liverpool can be found at www.visitliverpool.com and our directory.
- Q. Do you provide "pass-outs" for the Venue?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide pass-outs for Events. A ticket is valid for one admission to the Event only and removal of the stub invalidates the ticket. If you leave the Venue at any point we are unable to re-admit you.
- Q. How do I get to ACC Liverpool?
Please see directions below:
Buses run frequently throughout Liverpool City Centre. Liverpool's new bus terminus is only five minutes walk from ACC Liverpool.
Taxis are also available nearby, with the nearest taxi ranks being located on Salt House Dock and Blundell Street.
If you are travelling for a big event and other people are also travelling then order a coach from wherever you live and travel to ACC Liverpool.
From the North - take M6 to junction 26 and follow signs M58 Liverpool. Follow to end of M58 and follow signs for A59 Liverpool. Continue to follow A59 City Centre, until picking up signs for the Albert Dock. Carry on past, with the Albert Dock on your right, and pick up signs for Kings Waterfront parking, which will direct you into our multi-storey car park.
From the South - M6 to junction 21A, take M62 to Liverpool. Follow signs for City Centre, until picking up signs for the Albert Dock. Carry on past with the Albert Dock on your right and pick up signs for Kings Waterfront parking, which will direct you into our multi-storey car park.
For Sat Nav, please try the postcode L3 4BX.
From the South - Virgin Rail operate hourly direct services to Liverpool Lime Street (London to Liverpool - approx. 2.5 hours).
From the North - Virgin Rail to Wigan North Western, local train to Liverpool Lime Street.
ACC Liverpool is a 15 minute walk down Hanover Street, for directions please see map.
Fly direct to Liverpool John Lennon Airport or to Manchester International Airport. Direct public transport links will take you to the heart of Liverpool.
- Q. Is official merchandise available for purchase?
On occasion, the promoter of the event may choose to sell official merchandise inside the Venue only. Please note the tour promoter is responsible for this service, not the Venue. Please contact our Box Office on the day of the Event to find whether merchandise will be made available.
- Q. Is there a drop off/pick up point?
The drop off/pick up point is situated on Monarchs Quay, on the Convention Centre side of ACC Liverpool. View the map to find the drop off/pick up point.
- Q. Is there a general information desk?
There will be a general information desk located on the Galleria level. The visitor services co-ordinator situated at this desk will be able to give out general information about the building, events, local area and to hopefully help with any other information you require
- Q. Is there an outside area which we can use/eat in?
The piazza offers an outdoor area for all ACC Liverpool visitors to use and enjoy.
- Q. Is ACC Liverpool using social networks?
- ACC Liverpool uses Facebook, Flickr, YouTube and Twitter (Echo Arena) / Twitter (ACC Liverpool) to promote its services. Whilst every care is taken to ensure content on these pages is correct and well-moderated, ACC Liverpool is not responsible for content on external websites.
- Q. What do I do if I have a complaint?
We aim to offer the best service available to everyone who enjoys and uses the venue. If, however, you do have a complaint, please contact our team on 0151 475 8888 or via email at email@example.com
- Q. What events are lined up for the coming year?
Any events which we can release information on will be shown on our website in the What's On section. Unfortunately we cannot give details of all up and coming events due to our confidentially agreement with the promoters.
- Q. What facilities are there for disabled customers in the Arena?
- The Arena is fully DDA compliant with 68 dedicated bays and seating for carers, all providing excellent views of the stage. There will be no steps to climb to get to these bays. Please be aware that floor seating is at a lower level, and will require the use of steps. we also have induction loop available to specific seating areas and a seating area within the disabled bay for blind patrons who need to bring a guide dog. For further information on all special seating requirements contact our box office on 0844 8000 400.
- Q. What facilities are there for disabled customers at ACC Liverpool?
ACC Liverpool is fully accessible for all customers, with accessible toilets, lifts and entrances in all areas. The Arena is fully DDA compliant with 68 dedicated bays and seating for carers, all providing excellent views of the stage. The Convention Centre has 22 seats in the auditorium suitable for those with special accessibility requirements. Further information is available on request - call our general information line on 0151 475 8888.
- Q. What should I bring with me?
Visitors are advised to bring the least amount of belongings possible. ACC Liverpool may on occasion be required to search bags and individuals prior to entry to the venue. This will be conducted by SIA registered security staff.
- Q. Where can I park?
There is a 1,600 space multi-storey car park here on site at ACC Liverpool. Alternative, nearby, car parks are shown on this map.
Prices for the ACC Liverpool car park are as follows, but on event days prices may vary.
£2 for up to 1 hour
£3 for up to 2 hours
£5 for up to 5 hours
£8 for up to 9 hours
£10 for up to 24 hours
Echo Arena event parking - £5.00
There are 70+ disabled spaces in the multi-storey car park, dispersed on each level.
- Q: Where is the nearest cash machine?
- A Barclays cash machine is situated in the concourse of the Echo Arena, located in the area nearest Albert Dock. This machine does not charge for cash withdrawals.
- Q. Which are the best seats?
This is down to personal preference, and changes from event to event. However, please be aware that floor seats are all on one level and not tiered.
- Q. Which entrance do I use?
Echo Arena Liverpool has three key points of entry; the Cityside main entrances, Riverside main entrances, and Floor entrances. Please see your ticket for the recommended point of entry. Please note that queue placement may not be determined until shortly before doors open - we therefore can not guarantee accuracy in queue allocation prior to doors opening.
- Q. Can I buy a VIP box?
Please contact Katie Chin for further details on the sale of VIP boxes on 0151 703 7217.
- Q. How can I find out about corporate hospitality opportunities?
Please contact our arena team on 0151 703 7217 for further details about corporate hospitality at the arena.
- Q. Do the rooms have air conditioning?
Yes, all rooms are fitted with air conditioning.
- Q. Do you have a civil wedding license?
ACC Liverpool does not hold a civil wedding license.
- Q. Do you provide technical assistance?
Technical assistance can be provided for all of our IT and AV equipment.
- Q. How do I make a booking?
Please contact one of the Arena or Convention Centre sales team on 0151 475 8888.
- Q. How do I order AV/IT facilities for my event?
To order these facilities please contact your event manager on 0151 703 7252 (Convention Centre) or 0151 703 7237 (Arena).
- Q. What catering facilities are available at ACC Liverpool?
Heathcotes are our in-house caterers for both the Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre. If you require any further details regarding our menus please feel free to contact a member of our sales team on 0151 703 7261
- Q. What facilities are there for disabled delegates?
ACC Liverpool is fully accessible to all patrons; specific details are available on request - call visitor services on 0151 703 6001, or the organiser of your event.
- Q. What is the largest event you can hold?
Due to the innovative flexibility of the building design, ACC Liverpool can cater for events of any size, from 10 to 10,600 people. Please feel free to explore the venue for different room layouts by clicking here or contact one of our events teams for further information - Convention Centre: 0151 703 7252, Arena: 0151 703 7232.
- Q. What is the minimum number of people you would cater for?
Here at ACC Liverpool we aren't only interested in catering for the larger events. We are just as pleased to offer our facilities to much smaller meetings and events too.
- Q. What room or layout options do you offer?
We offer a large variety of room options to cater for every need. For more details please visit the Venue details section of our website.
- Q. What technical facilities are available at ACC Liverpool?
With state of the art technology, your IT requirements can be fully supported with Wi-Fi connectivity; Internet enabled, wireless phones; security protection through virtual networks, and more. Our digital audiovisual technology packages can include projection, sound and dedicated technicians.
- Q. Where can I find information on other attractions in Liverpool?
Liverpool provides a fantastic location for any up and coming events. Please feel free to explore the following links to find further information on what the city has to offer:
Visitor Services can provide information on bars, restaurants and accommodation as required - please call 0151 703 6001, visit the visitor sevices desk in the Galleria or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q. Are there any concessionary rate tickets?
The event promoter sets the ticket prices and in most instances concessions are not available. If, however, you are able to purchase concessionary tickets you will be asked to provide evidence that you are entitled to purchase these tickets. Any concessions available will be shown on our website.
Box office number : 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Can I cancel my tickets?
Once tickets have been purchased they are non-refundable. Unfortunately we cannot offer any kind of refund unless the event is cancelled or has considerable changes made to it, such as a change of date. Please read the terms and conditions on the back of your ticket for more details.
Box Office number : 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Can I post tickets for sale on third party websites?
Tickets are sold for private use and ACC Liverpool monitor their sale and resale. If we have reason to believe that tickets are being resold, we may invalidate them and refuse entry to the Event.
- Q. How do I book a ticket?
There are several ways to book tickets for events at Echo Arena Liverpool:
Telephone: 0844 8000 400* (9am - 9pm Monday to Saturday, 10am - 5pm Sunday)
Online: Via the Echo Arena Liverpool website.
In Person: Visit our TicketQuarter Box Office in Queen Square, Liverpool.
Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm
Sunday 10am - 5pm
On event nights the on-site Box Office will stay open until the main act is on stage. The TicketQuarter Box Office is open 10am - 5pm on bank holidays.
Smartphone Apps are available for iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows phones. Just search "Echo Arena".
* Calls cost 5p per min from a BT landline. Call charges may vary from other providers – please consult your telephone provider for further details.
- Q. How do I collect tickets from the box office?
Your tickets will be available for collection on the evening of the event or 48 hours after booking from our TicketQuarter Box Office in Queen Square (within the Queen Square Travel Centre). In order to collect tickets from the box office you will need to take the credit or debit card used to purchase the tickets. The credit card holder will need to sign for the tickets, so they must also be present. This is to protect both you and ourselves from credit card fraud.
Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. I haven’t received my tickets?
You should receive your tickets at least two weeks prior to the event unless your booking was made closer to the event date.
If you haven't received your tickets at least 5 days prior to the event date please contact the box office and you will be advised on the status of your tickets.
Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Is it safe to buy tickets over the Internet?
Our box office processes your credit card details over a secure Internet connection, which makes it completely safe to order tickets online. The connection between your browser and our web server is protected with SSL (Secure Socket Layer), which creates a connection over which financial details can be safely passed between your computer and a transactional website.
Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Is there a smoking area?
Since 1st July 2007, smoking has been banned in all enclosed public places. Therefore nobody will be allowed to smoke anywhere inside the building. Any individuals found smoking within the Venue will be ejected without refund or compensation of any kind.
- Q. Is there an age restriction for standing concerts?
Children under the age of 14 are not permitted onto the floor for standing concerts. Children under the age of 14 are only permitted into the Arena with an accompanying adult.
Certain concerts or events may not be suitable for children, please check with our Box Office on 0844 8000 400.
- Q. What should I do if I've lost my tickets?
ACC Liverpool Box Office does not provide duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets. To contact our box office for further information, please call the Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. When I call 0844 8000 400 it says my call may be recorded, why is this?
- To continually review and improve our service we may record calls for monitoring or training purposes.
- Q. When is the box office open?
Tickets for Echo Arena Liverpool events can now be bought in person from our TicketQuarter Box Office in Queen Square, Liverpool.
Monday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Tuesday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Wednesday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Thursday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Friday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday (and Bank Holidays): 10.00am – 5.00pm
Our contact centre (0844 8000 400) is open 9.00am – 9.00pm Monday to Saturday, and 10.00am – 5.00pm on Sunday.
On event nights the on-site box office will open at midday and stay open until the main act is on stage.
- Q. When should I arrive for the event?
The opening time for each event will be printed on your ticket. We advise customers to arrive as close to the time of opening as they can, in order that everyone is seated on time and the show can begin with minimum disruption for others. Unfortunately, we cannot delay the performance time should customers arrive late. Latecomers will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break in the performance and/or at the discretion of the management.
- Q. When will I receive my tickets?
You should receive your tickets at least two weeks prior to the event. Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Why is a booking fee charged?
A booking fee is to be added to tickets to cover the cost of providing a box office service. The fees cover the provision of a contact centre and the investment required to provide the ticketing software, call centre technology and on-line ticketing provision.
Box office number: 0844 8000 400.