Please see below for answers to commonly asked questions or queries you may have for your visit to Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool.
If these FAQ's do not answer your question, please feel free to contact us.
- Q. Am I able to photograph or film the exterior of ACC Liverpool?
ACC Liverpool, home to the BT Convention Centre and Echo Arena, welcomes members of the public taking photographs of the building and surrounding areas and are pleased that so many already enjoy doing so on a daily basis.
It is not the policy of ACC Liverpool to stop the general public from taking photographs on our site.
That said, we have been advised by the relevant authorities that given the sensitive nature of a number of the events held at ACC Liverpool, vigilance with regards to activity and interest in and around the building should be at the highest level.
We will therefore always need to reserve the right to challenge visitors to the site to ascertain the nature of any activity, in order to protect the safety of the general public and visitors to our venues. As a result, members of the public on ACC Liverpool land may be approached by our security staff.
We trust that this will allow members of the public to continue to enjoy their visits to ACC Liverpool, and in particular for amateur photographers to enjoy our unique building and surroundings unimpeded.
- Q. Are any seats suitable for disabled customers?
We have dedicated bays in the arena for disabled customers, with seating for carers and disabled patrons. See a seating plan for the arena here. These provide excellent views of the stage - call the box office for more information on 0844 8000 400. The seating in the BT Convention Centre is fully accessible. For any other questions regarding accessibility at ACC Liverpool, please call our general information line on 0151 475 8888.
- Q. Are pushchairs allowed into the arena?
Pushchairs can be left in designated buggy parks where you will be given a numbered ticket to retrieve your pushchair at the end of the show.
- Q. Is there somewhere to park my bicycle?
- Bike stands are located on the riverside of the venue at ground level, as well as the Liverpool Waterfront Car Park. These bays are for push-bikes only and not motorcycles.
- Q. Are dogs allowed in the venue?
No pets will be allowed inside ACC Liverpool, except for guide dogs and hearing dogs.
- Q. Are there public toilets in the Galleria?
There are public toilets, and disabled toilets, located in the Lower Galleria.
- Q. Can I buy alcohol on site?
Alcohol is available for sale to anyone aged 18 and over - identification may be required. The venue supports the Challenge 25 scheme that encourages anyone who is aged 18 and over but looks under 25 to produce identification when buying alcohol. The scheme is run by the Retail of Alcohol Standards Group, which represents alcohol retailers.
- Q. Can I bring a camera or other recording device into the venue?
If you are planning to attend an event and would like to bring a camera with you we advise contacting the Box Office to ascertain what the camera policy will be for the show. In most instances the promoter will allow small fixed lens cameras set in still image mode.
Professional-type cameras fitted with a detachable zoom lens and/or tripod will not be permitted into the venue, with the exception of officially accredited photographers covering the event. Continual recording of any description is not permitted. Echo Arena Liverpool does not permit streaming, video or audio recording equipment at any time.
- Q. Can I bring banners/posters/flags (BPF) into an event?
Echo Arena Liverpool discourages people from bringing BPFs to events. We may on occasion permit A4 sized posters providing they do not contain any offensive content as deemed by Echo Arena Liverpool. However, we reserve the right to confiscate these items should we, or fellow audience members, find them disruptive to the enjoyment of the event.
For health and safety reasons BPFs with poles or strengthening enhancements will be confiscated. If you are unsure whether your banner or flag will be acceptable then please do not bring it to the venue.
Please note: Echo Arena Liverpool can take no responsibility for any loss or damage to property of this nature brought on-site and strongly recommends customers familiarise themselves with Ticket Conditions of Sale displayed on the reverse of all tickets before attending an event.
- Q. Can I take food or drinks into the arena?
No food or drink items are to be taken into the venue. Only food and drink items purchased on the premises are to be consumed in the venue.
- Q: Can I pay by card in the public catering outlets?
- Echo Arena Liverpool welcomes debit/credit card and contactless payments at all Mersey Eats/Mersey Drinks kiosks. Unfortunately, mobile catering units can only accept cash payments.
- Q. Is smoking permitted in the venue?
- From 1st July 2007, smoking has been banned in all enclosed public spaces. Anyone found smoking anywhere within the venue will be requested to leave without refund.
- Q. Can I use electronic cigarettes?
The use of electronic cigarettes is strictly prohibited.
- Q. Can I use the venue wireless internet?
Absolutely, details can be obtained from the Business Centre - telephone 0151 239 6001.
- Q. Can I wear 'fancy dress' or costumes into shows at Echo Arena Liverpool?
- A. Echo Arena Liverpool holds the health and safety of its customers very seriously. With this in mind, Echo Arena staff reserve the right to refuse entry to customers whose attire may impact upon the enjoyment of the show or safety of audience members. Please also note that masks of any description are strictly prohibited from the venue unless express written consent is provided by ACC Liverpool.
- Q. Can you provide any information on local restaurants?
- Q. Do you have a newsletter I can sign up to?
Please fill in your details to join our mailing list - click here to sign up.
- Q. Do you have a visitor feedback form?
If you have a comment/question/feedback please feel free to contact us by using this form.
Please note, if a customer experiences any problems with their seating or enjoyment prior to or during the Event the customer must inform senior venue staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the Event.
- Q. Do you have any recommended hotels?
- We have two hotels on site, Jurys Inn and Staybridge Suites, which both offer high a standard of accommodation. Alternative hotels around Liverpool can be found at www.visitliverpool.com and via our directory.
- Q. Do you provide "pass-outs" for the Venue?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide pass-outs for Events. A ticket is valid for one admission to the Event only and removal of the stub invalidates the ticket. If you leave the Venue at any point we are unable to re-admit you.
- Q. How do I get to the venue?
Public transport - Buses run frequently throughout Liverpool City Centre. Paradise Street Bus Station, Liverpool 1 8LZ is only a five-minute walk from the venue.
By train - From the South - Virgin Rail operate hourly direct services to Liverpool Lime Street (London to Liverpool – approximately two hours).
From the North -Virgin Rail to Wigan North Western, local train to Liverpool Lime Street, James Street and Central Station.
For specific travel information visit www.traveline-northwest.co.uk – 0871 200 2233.
The venue is around a ten-minute walk from James Street Station and approximately fifteen minutes from Central Station, both stations are in the city centre.
By taxi -Taxis are also available with the nearest taxi ranks located on the riverside of the venue.
By plane -The venue lies just over eight miles (13km) from Liverpool John Lennon Airport and takes approximately 25 minutes to reach by taxi. For bus and train services from and to the airport go to the Merseytravel website at www.merseytravel.gov.uk – 0151-236-7676.
Manchester Airport is approximately 37 miles (60km) from the venue and takes around 45 – 60 minutes to reach by road.
By car - From the North take the M6 to junction 26 and follow sign for the M58 Liverpool. Follow to the end of the M58 and begin following signs for A59 Liverpool. Continue along the A59 City Centre before picking up signs for the Albert Dock. Proceed along the road keeping Albert Dock on your right until you see signs directing you to the multi-storey Liverpool Waterfront car park.
From the South - take the M6 to junction 21a before picking up M62 to Liverpool. Follow signs for City Centre, until you see signs for the Albert Dock. Carry on keeping the Albert Dock on your right and look out for signs directing you to the multi-storey Liverpool Waterfront car park. For Sat Nav use the postcode L3 4BX.
- Q. Is official merchandise available for purchase?
On occasion, the promoter of the event may choose to sell official merchandise inside the venue only. Please note the tour promoter is responsible for this service, not the venue. Please contact our Box Office on the day of the event to find whether merchandise will be made available.
- Q. Is there a drop off/pick up point?
The drop off/pick up point is on Monarchs Quay, adjacent to the venue. A taxi rank is located on the riverside of the venue. View the map to find the drop off/pick up point.
- Q. Is there a general information desk?
There will be a general information desk located on the Galleria level. The visitor services co-ordinator situated at this desk will be able to give out general information about the building, events, local area and to hopefully help with any other information you require
- Q. Is there an outside area which we can use/eat in?
The piazza offers an outdoor area for all ACC Liverpool visitors to use and enjoy.
- Q. Is ACC Liverpool using social networks?
- ACC Liverpool uses Facebook, Flickr, YouTube and Twitter (Echo Arena) / Twitter (ACC Liverpool) to promote its services. Whilst every care is taken to ensure content on these pages is correct and well-moderated, ACC Liverpool is not responsible for content on external websites.
- Q. What do I do if I have a complaint?
- Please note, if a customer experiences any problems with seating or enjoyment prior to or during the event they must inform the nearest member of staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the event. We aim to offer the best service available to everyone who uses the venue. If, however, you do have a complaint, please contact our team on 0151 703 7218 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q. What events are lined up for the coming year?
Any events which we can release information on will be shown on our website in the What's On section. Unfortunately we cannot give details of all up and coming events due to our confidentially agreement with the promoters.
- Q. What facilities do you have for the disabled?
We have dedicated seating bays at the venue for disabled customers and their carers. Bays provide excellent views of the arena stage with no steps to climb to access them. Please be aware that floor seating is at a lower level and will require the use of steps. An induction loop is available in specific seating areas. Guide dogs can be accommodated in the bays.
Echo Arena Liverpool aims to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all its customers attending any event at our venue. Please call our Box Office team on 0844 8000 400 to discuss your specific access requirements.
- Q. What facilities are there for disabled customers at ACC Liverpool?
ACC Liverpool is fully accessible for all customers, with accessible toilets, lifts and entrances in all areas. The Arena is fully DDA compliant with 68 dedicated bays and seating for carers, all providing excellent views of the stage. The Convention Centre has 22 seats in the auditorium suitable for those with special accessibility requirements. Further information is available on request - call our general information line on 0151 475 8888.
- Q. What should I bring with me?
Visitors are advised to bring the least amount of belongings possible. ACC Liverpool may on occasion be required to search bags and individuals prior to entry to the venue. This will be conducted by SIA registered security staff.
- Q. Where can I park?
You can park at the 1,600 space on-site Liverpool Waterfront Car Park which lies directly adjacent to the venue. There are 70+ disabled spaces in the multi-storey car park on each level. Prices for the Liverpool Waterfront car park are as follows, but on event days prices may vary.
£2 for up to 1 hour
£4 for up to 2 hours
£6 for up to 5 hours
£9 for up to 9 hours
£12 for up to 24 hours
Echo Arena parking - £6.00 only for entertainment and sporting events - On event days parking is a £6 flat rate for unlimited parking - only valid for entertainment and sporting events. Payment must be made at the ticket station after 6pm to claim the discounted parking rate. Alternative, nearby car parks are shown on this map.
- Q: Where is the nearest cash machine?
- A Barclays cash machine is situated in the concourse area of the venue and the Galleria and does not charge for withdrawals.
- Q. Which are the best seats?
This is a matter of personal preference and changes from event to event. Please be aware that floor seats are on one level accessed via stairs. These seats may be unsuitable for small children or anyone who has difficulty managing stairs.
- Q. Which entrance do I use?
Echo Arena Liverpool has three key points of entry; the Cityside main entrances, Riverside main entrances, and Floor entrances. Please refer to your ticket for the recommended point of entry. It should also be noted that queue placement may not be determined until shortly before doors open. We therefore cannot guarantee accuracy in queue allocation prior to doors opening. For Auditorium events customers should enter the building on the CitySide via the Galleria.
- Q. Can I buy a VIP box?
Please contact the Hospitality Team for further details on the sale of VIP boxes on 0151 703 7217.
- Q. How can I find out about corporate hospitality opportunities including buying a VIP Box?
Please contact our arena team on 0151 703 7217 for further details about corporate hospitality at the arena.
- Q. Do the rooms have air conditioning?
Yes, all rooms are fitted with air conditioning.
- Q. Do you have a civil wedding license?
ACC Liverpool does not hold a civil wedding license.
- Q. Do you provide technical assistance?
Technical assistance can be provided for all of our IT and AV equipment.
- Q. How do I make a booking?
Please contact one of the Arena or Convention Centre sales team on 0151 475 8888.
- Q. How do I order AV/IT facilities for my event?
To order these facilities please contact your event manager on 0151 703 7252 (Convention Centre) or 0151 703 7237 (Arena).
- Q. What catering facilities are available at ACC Liverpool?
Heathcotes are our in-house caterers for both the Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre. If you require any further details regarding our menus please feel free to contact a member of our sales team on 0151 703 7261
- Q. What facilities are there for disabled delegates?
ACC Liverpool is fully accessible to all patrons; specific details are available on request - call visitor services on 0151 703 6001, or the organiser of your event.
- Q. What is the largest event you can hold?
Due to the innovative flexibility of the building design, ACC Liverpool can cater for events of any size, from 10 to 10,600 people. Please feel free to explore the venue for different room layouts by clicking here or contact one of our events teams for further information - Convention Centre: 0151 703 7252, Arena: 0151 703 7232.
- Q. What is the minimum number of people you would cater for?
Here at ACC Liverpool we aren't only interested in catering for the larger events. We are just as pleased to offer our facilities to much smaller meetings and events too.
- Q. What room or layout options do you offer?
We offer a large variety of room options to cater for every need. For more details please visit the Venue details section of our website.
- Q. What technical facilities are available at ACC Liverpool?
With state of the art technology, your IT requirements can be fully supported with Wi-Fi connectivity; Internet enabled, wireless phones; security protection through virtual networks, and more. Our digital audiovisual technology packages can include projection, sound and dedicated technicians.
- Q. Where can I find information on other attractions in Liverpool?
Liverpool provides a fantastic location for any up and coming events. Please feel free to explore the following links to find further information on what the city has to offer:
Visitor Services can provide information on bars, restaurants and accommodation as required - please call 0151 703 6001, visit the visitor sevices desk in the Galleria or alternatively e-mail email@example.com
- Q. Are there any concessionary rate tickets?
The event promoter sets ticket prices and in most instances concessions are unavailable. If, however, you are able to purchase concessionary tickets you will be asked to provide evidence you are entitled to purchase these tickets. Any concessions available will be shown on our website.
- Q. Can I cancel my tickets?
Once tickets have been purchased they are non-refundable. We cannot offer any kind of refund unless the event is cancelled or is subject to considerable alteration, such as a change of date. Please read the terms and conditions on the back of your ticket for more details. Box Office number 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Can I post tickets for sale on third party websites?
Tickets are sold for private use and Echo Arena Liverpool monitor their sale and resale. If we have reason to believe tickets are being resold we may invalidate them and refuse entry to the event. Echo Arena Liverpool is a member of STAR (The Society of Ticket Agents & Retailers/Secure Tickets from Authorised Retailers) which identifies reputable ticket outlets. For further details go to www.star.org.uk
- Q. How do I book a ticket?
There are several ways to book tickets for events at Echo Arena Liverpool, EchoTwo and The Auditorium Liverpool.
Telephone: 0844 8000 400* (9am - 9pm Monday to Saturday, 10am - 5pm Sunday)
Online: Via the Echo Arena Liverpool website.
In Person: Visit our TicketQuarter Box Office in Queen Square, Liverpool L1 1RH.
Smartphone apps are available for iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows phones. Simply search "Echo Arena" in your app store.
* Calls cost 5p per minute from a BT landline. Call charges may vary from other providers - please consult your telephone provider for further details.
- Q. How do I collect tickets from the Box Office?
Tickets will be available for collection on the day of the event or 48 hours after booking from our TicketQuarter Box Office inside the Queen Square Travel Centre, Liverpool L1 1RH. When collecting tickets you will need to take the credit or debit card used to purchase the tickets. The credit card holder must sign for the tickets so they have to be present. These measures are taken to protect the customer and Echo Arena Liverpool from credit card fraud. Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. I haven’t received my tickets?
You should receive your tickets approximately two weeks prior to the event unless your booking was made closer to the event date. If you haven't received your tickets at least five days prior to the event date please contact the Box Office on 0844 8000 400 and you will be advised on the status of your tickets.
- Q. Is it safe to buy tickets over the Internet?
Our Box Office processes your credit card details over a secure internet connection, which makes it completely safe to order tickets online. The connection between your browser and our web server is protected with SSL (Secure Socket Layer), that creates a connection over which financial details can be safely passed between your computer and a transactional website.
Box office number: 0844 8000 400.
- Q. Is there a smoking area?
Since 1st July 2007, smoking has been banned in all enclosed public places. Therefore nobody will be allowed to smoke anywhere inside the building. Any individuals found smoking within the Venue will be ejected without refund or compensation of any kind.
- Q. Is there an age restriction for standing concerts?
Children under the age of 14 are not permitted onto the floor for standing concerts and are only allowed into the venue with an accompanying adult in tiered seating. Certain concerts or events may be unsuitable for children under the age of 14. Please check with Box Office on 0844 8000 400.
- Q. What should I do if I've lost my tickets?
The Box Office does not provide duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets. To contact staff for further information call 0844 8000 400.
- Q. When I call 0844 8000 400 it says my call may be recorded, why is this?
- To continually review and improve our service we may record calls for monitoring or training purposes.
- Q. When is the on-site Box Office open?
On event days Box Office opens at midday and will remain open until the main act is on stage. Similarly, on event nights the office stays open until the main attraction is on stage.
Tickets for Echo Arena Liverpool events can also be purchased in person from our TicketQuarter Box Office inside Queen Square Travel Centre, Liverpool, L1 1RH - see the map here.
Opening times: Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm and Sunday and Bank Holidays 10am-5pm. Box Office can be contacted on 0844 8000 400 and is open 9am–9pm Monday- Saturday and 10am - 5pm on Sunday.
- Q. When should I arrive for the event?
The opening time for each event will be printed on your ticket. We advise customers to arrive as close to the time of opening as they can, to ensure that everyone is seated on time and the show can begin with minimum disruption for others. Unfortunately, we cannot delay the performance time should customers arrive late. Latecomers will only be admitted into the venue during a suitable break in the performance and/or at the discretion of the management.
- Q. When will I receive my tickets? What if they haven't arrived?
You should receive your tickets approximately two weeks prior to the event unless your booking was made closer to the event date. However, if you haven’t received your tickets at least five days before the event please contact the Box Office on 0844 8000 400. Souvenir tickets may on some occasions be issued closer to the date of the event.
- Q. Why is a booking fee charged?
A booking fee is added to tickets to cover the cost of providing a Box Office service. Fees cover the provision of a contact centre and the investment required to provide ticketing software, call centre technology and online ticketing provision.
Echo Arena Liverpool may on occasion be required to search bags and individuals prior to entering the venue. Searches will be conducted by SIA registered security.
Echo Arena Liverpool holds the health and safety of its customers very seriously. With this in mind staff reserve the right to refuse entry to customers whose attire may impact upon the enjoyment of the show or safety of audience members.
Football shirts are not permitted at certain events and customers will be asked to remove them before entering the venue.
Please also note that masks of any description are strictly prohibited from the venue unless express written consent is provided by Echo Arena Liverpool.